Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Ruun, Forest, ruuuun!!!"

Last night as Alex and I were eating our delightful little soft taco dinner, he asked me, "So, what do you want to do tomorrow?"  I looked at him perplexed, and replied, "What do you mean?"

"Let's do something active.  I'm tired of just sitting around all the time and not doing anything.  How about we go running?"

Running.  Wow.  Of course, at that time, I just nodded my head thinking, Suuure, I don't mind running.  That actually sounds like a great idea since I've gained about ten pounds since being married.  Seriously?  What was I thinking?  To actually agree with running makes me question my own sanity.  

Needless to say, we went running.  Well, we actually made our way to the apartment clubhouse workout room thing.  It's quite nice, really.  We walk in and there's this chick on the treadmill running like a pro in her sweat gear (sweating profusely, so she dressed for the occasion) and listening to her iPod.  Yea, she works out a lot.  Then, on the other side of the room there's another chick taking her sweet time on the bike with her eyes glued to the television (which, by the way, could have been heard all the way across the Atlantic) watching her Latina novellas.  I'm not quite sure if she does this all the time.

Moment of truth.  I'm staring fear directly in the face.  Fear=the Elliptical.  I step on, and the thing asks me "WEIGHT".. ugh .. like I need to be reminded!  "TIME", oh let's go with 30 minutes - why not?  It's half of what I used to do a year ago.  And I was on my way... Can I just say that it seemed like it was the longest 30 minutes of my entire life.

Long story short (too late, I'm sure), I ran for 30 minutes. Go me!  And then we swam for about 15 minutes and relaxed in the jacuzzi - both were filled with more chlorine than water (my skin is still super duper dry even after a shower and everything!)  I'm tired and Alex is passed out next to me so I guess that this is my queue to go to bed also.  

"Goodniiight, Neverland!" - from the movie, Hook

1 comment:

Jason Miller said...

Hey i didn't know that you had a blog???? That is awesome.