Sunday, September 14, 2008

Called to Serve

Finally, after a month and a half of deliberation, our bishopric has found us a place in the ward.

I have been called to be the new Beehive Advisor and Alex has been called as a Ward Missionary.  This is really sweet because before we were meeting with the 2nd counselor, I was just discussing with Alex that I didn't want to teach primary because I had done that before.  I thought it would be really cool to teach a little older, like 14 year olds or something.  And lo and behold, I get four Beehives: Julia, Kayleigh, Brittany, and Jessica (which I learned today are 12-13 year olds).  I'd have to say I really do feel blessed to have this opportunity because I never really experienced Young Women's from that age, I just remember being a Laurel for half a year and that's about it...then I graduated.  I feel I now have a purpose in the ward.

And when Alex was called to be one of the ward missionaries, I knew it.  I just had that gut feeling because his last calling was missionary prep and he is really good at teaching the gospel (yea, I skipped gospel doctrine to spend time in mission prep haha).  Alex is a great teacher and I hope he will be a key to helping our stake get some more baptisms.  

 Afterward, we went over to my parents' house and had a feast consisting of fried chicken wings (with hot sauce, duh), hamburgers, hotdogs, pansit (filipino noodles), and rice.  Really, I stuffed myself and downed it with a nice yellow cake/frosting/sprinkle ice cream cone.  Alex had a cookies and cream ice cream cone.  It's always nice spending time with my parents.   I don't really realize how much I miss them until I see them in person.  And, of course, we can't help it but LOVE the home-cooked meals.  The microwave gets old after a while in the apartment, haha.

All in all, everything is grand here in our little apartment.  No babies yet, no pets (because they're not allowed and I'm allergic anyways), no nothing.  Just living the young married life...bills, bills, oh, and more bills. Hehe.. it's true!

I've heard these are the best times of our life together so I really don't want to miss a moment of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geeze... I hate bills! There are just too many!!
Ya, as soon as I got into my ward, primary it was for me! I really wanted YW but oh well. The lil sunbeams get me everytime. haha!

Im glad to hear you guys are doing good!