Thursday, September 18, 2008

Following the Leader, the Leader, the Leader. . .

Okay, this post is mostly about me...not so much Alex, but it's a good story!

It was my first mutual as a leader in Young Women's.  I'd have to say, I got to the church and did not know what to do.  I've never been to a mutual so I didn't know what happens after you arrive.  Finally, I met another leader and I followed her to the Young Women's room (you don't say?!). 

All the young men and women then met in the chapel and we had our opening exercises.  I had to introduce myself and no one believed me that I was a leader (doesn't help I was wearing Pink clothing and my cute grey flats and that I have BRACES).  One of the young men's leaders asked me to prove it and show ID.  Ha. Very funny.  I'll take that as a compliment!  One of the Laurels thought I was a new Laurel, too.  Sweet.  I'm only 4 years older than them.  Ca-raaazy.

Anywho, we went back to the YW room and were all set up for checking the girls' Personal Progress.  The Beehive president, if that is her title (?), just handed me her binder and told me to mark down the girls' progress.  Umm, I've never really done Personal Progress so I was just standing there with a binder in my hands.  My Beehives didn't have much done, so basically we were just sitting there chatting.  It was very entertaining.  And then we had ice cream afterward so it was soo worth it =)

The best part was that the other leaders told me I could still earn my own Personal Progress as a leader!  That is way wicked sweet!  I'm excited, so I told my girls that as they were working on their Personal Progress, I would work on mine with them.  Oh yea, I'm gooood!

So I think this is going to be great.  I'm looking forward to magnifying this calling fur sure. =)

1 comment:

Jason Miller said...

Hey just wanted to write a little not letting you know that I'm also on blog, and that I have moved to Provo, Utah. But I'm here and kicking.